Steps to IRB Proposal Submission
- Request an InfoEd Account
- Take CITI training –CITI Training must be completed by all study members prior to
submitting your research proposal to the IRB.
- Training and instructions on how to set your learning curriculum are found at: http://research.sdsu.edu/research_affairs/human_subjects/training
- Develop your research plan and write your consent form and any other supporting documents
such as recruitment flyers, emails, or scripts and questionnaires or surveys.
- Consent and assent form templates are found at: https://sdsuedu.sharepoint.com/sites/GRA/res/RA/HRPP/SitePages/Home.aspx
- While the HRPP office does not have templates for research recruitment flyers, emails, or scripts, information on what to include in research recruitment advertisements may be found in the Human Research Program (HRPP) Standards and Practices found at the link below under SDSU IRB Policies and Procedures.
- Submit your research proposal to the IRB via InfoEd at http://infoed.sdsu.edu/ Videos on How to submit a proposal via InfoEd are found at: https://sdsuedu.sharepoint.com/sites/GRA/res/RA/HRPP/SitePages/Home.aspx
SDSU IRB Policies and Procedures
SDSU IRB Standard Operating Procedures: Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) Standards and Practices
SDSU Sensitive Data Storage Information
Zoom Video Conferencing Best Practices
Information about recording on the cloud and Zoom may be found here.
Note that if you are using the HIPAA compliant version of Zoom this option is disabled.
For data security purposes and participant privacy, after transcriptions of cloud recordings, the transcription should be downloaded locally on to your computer, and then moved to the SDSU Google drive. Finally, recordings saved on the Zoom cloud must be deleted. Research proposals must be clear and fully discribe this when using the transcription services in Zoom.
Data in Qualtrics is not automatically anonymous. The default settings in Qualtrics must be changed. Here's how to change the default settings. How to Anonymize Data Collected In Qualtrics
CSU Record Retention Requirements
How Long do you keep your records? See: CSU Records and Information Retention Schedule
Cancer Relevant Studies - Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee (PRMC)