Use of the Scripps Research Translational Institute's REDCap system is for projects that align with the Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA), which are those that seek to speed up the development of new resources and treatments to help improve the health of individuals and the general public. The system was developed by a multi-institutional consortium initiated at Vanderbilt University. It is currently being used across the nation on a broad spectrum of research studies.
Please note that use for international research will be limited to the REDCap Cloud Platform, for access please review this protocol and if you think your study is appropriate, submit a ServiceNow ticket (see instructions in the protocol). All users of the system for data collection and management will be required to cite REDCap/REDCap Cloud in any study manuscripts, see below for more information. For questions or assistance, please email [email protected].
Request Access to Academic REDCap
- Complete the REDCap access form below through Adobesign to request an account be created for your project
- A signature of the PI and faculty adviser, if applicable, is required.
- RSS will review the submission to see if your proposed project is in line with the CTSA.
- Once processed, the requester(s) will receive an email indicating an account has been created for those listed.
- Requester will then receive a subsequent email notifying them their project has been created and they have been added to it.
If additional accounts are required after approval, please email [email protected] to have them added to your project
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. It has many features, including:
- Online or offline project design - Online using the Online Designer or offline using a “data dictionary” template in Microsoft Excel that can be uploaded later into REDCap.
- Secure and web-based - Input data or build an online survey or database from anywhere in the world over a secure web connection with authentication and data logging.
- Fully customizable - You are in total control of shaping your database or survey.
- Audit trails - For tracking data manipulation and user activity.
- Automated export procedures - For seamless data downloads to Excel, PDF, and common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R).
- A built-in project calendar
- A scheduling module
- Regulatory compliance - REDCap can be installed in a variety of environments for compliance with such standards as HIPAA, 21 CFR Part 11, FISMA (low, moderate, high), and international standards.
- Interoperability with health records - This is done through the Fast Health care Interoperability Resources (FHIR) web service inside of an EHR which can pull structured data into REDCap using OAuth2 authorization.
San Diego State University
Here are some informational REDCap videos that can help you get started and gain a better understanding of the REDCap application and its functionality.
Electronic consent (e-Consent) is a platform for consenting research participants using a computer-based consent form in lieu of the traditional paper documentation. Learn how to setup and customize e-Consent for your REDCap project.
Material on how to cite the publications in your study manuscripts using REDCap/REDCap Cloud for data collection and management.
The REDCap Shared Library is a repository for REDCap data collection instruments and forms that can be downloaded and used by researchers at REDCap partner institutions.
HOw to transfer data between redcap platforms
If desired, please email Research Support Services upon submitting your Request Form to create your project using your XML or CSV file.