Information for judges and moderators
The 2019 Student Research Symposium will be held on Friday March 1, 2019 and Saturday March 2, 2019.
The judging is designed to identify winners for a President, Provost or Dean’s award. Select award winners are sent to represent SDSU at the CSU state-wide competition.
We encourage faculty and staff to participate in the event as judges and/or moderators. The success of the SRS is realized when the entire SDSU campus community comes together for two days to demonstrate their commitment, investment, and enthusiasm. We expect over 500 students will participate and, as in the past, we will need at least 300 faculty, staff, and community members to judge.
If you want to know what judging/moderating entails, please see the "Directions" and "Scoring" links below.
There are really three ways you can search for sessions to judge:
- Narrow the date by clicking on the square that says "Fri Mar 1" or "Sat Mar 2"
- Then choose the track you are interested in browsing
- Make sure you also check "Interdisciplinary," because there are some great sessions in there too!
- Write down session numbers (in the title, a letter followed by two numbers) that you think might be of interest
- Check to see which of those sessions still need judges on our sign up form (in the email you were sent).